The Colorado Sun offers several newsletters, including several that are free. You can sign up for them at coloradosun.com/newsletters or, if you're a Sun member, add them in your newsletters preferences (see below):
The Sun's free newsletters:
- The Sunriser -- The daily curation of all recent Sun stories, links to our favorite local reads and a heads up on Sun events, specials and other announcements. Sent Monday to Friday around mid-morning, this free roundup will get your day started.
- The Headlines+ -- A list of links to every story published on The Sun in the past 24 hours. Sent 7 days a week, usually by 6 a.m., it’s also a free subscription.
- What’s Working -- Weekly roundup of the Colorado job market, labor news and the local economy. It's published on Saturdays, but is available free by email for those who'd like it in their inbox. Sign up HERE.
- Remapping Colorado (retired, as of Oct. 2021)-- A weekly update on how Colorado's redrawing congressional and state legislative maps. This pop-up newsletter launched in August 2021 and wrapped up in October. If we send out any updates, you can sign up HERE.
The Sun's Premium member newsletters (All are included on the Sun's $20/month premium plan ):
- Colorado Sunday, $10 -- Intended to help you slow down on the weekends, each Sunday edition has thoughtful pieces to give perspective to The Sun’s big news stories, handpicked Colorado flavor (from food to beer to music and more), gorgeous photos and a curated reading list of the best news of the week. Sent on Sundays to members on Basic+ and above. >> Details
- The Unaffiliated, $20 -- Our exclusive politics newsletter has news not found on our site. It’s sent on Tuesdays and Fridays and only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
- The Outsider, $20 -- Our exclusive outdoor-industry newsletter has news not found on our site, plus first peeks at topical stories by Jason Blevins. It’s sent Thursdays and only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
- The Temperature, $20 -- Our exclusive newsletter covering the intersection of climate and health is crafted by reporters Michael Booth and John Ingold. It's sent on Wednesdays. >> Sign up
- Mike Littwin, $20 -- Long-time Colorado columnist Mike Littwin writes about twice a week. True fans can subscribe to his newsletter and get the columns ahead of time. This is only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
How to add a Sun newsletter
To adjust your newsletters subscriptions, make sure you're logged in and then open your user account and select "Manage Newsletters." Check or uncheck the newsletters to get to your ideal newsletter settings. Here’s a shortcut: coloradosun.com/mynewsletters
Here's a quick how-to video:
How to upgrade
Our premium newsletters provide an exclusive depth into specific topics, such as the outdoors industry or politics. And by joining or upgrading to our premium Newsletters+ tier, that helps The Sun grow faster. To upgrade, the steps are below. You can also find the animated instructions on our Unaffiliated page: coloradosun.com/unaffiliated or on our FAQ upgrade page.
- Log into your account and press "Manage Membership"
- Select "Switch Plan"
- In the pop-up window, select the Newsletters+ option by pressing the blue bar that says "Pledge $240+/year." You can also toggle the period between monthly or annual, or increase your amount by hovering over the dollar area. Press the arrow to move to the next page.
- If you are upgrading from a basic level, the new rate will appear pro-rated. Make your selection and follow the rest of the instructions.
Troubleshooting Sun newsletters
Newsletters stopped? Unless you've unsubscribed, the newsletters should continue sending. But if you suddenly notice that The Sunriser or Headlines or other favorite newsletter stopped coming, here are some explanations:
- The box is unchecked next to "Email communications from The Colorado Sun." Under "Manage Newsletters" in your user settings, the top box must be checked. This allows us to send you newsletters. The Sun does not send advertising or marketing emails to members.
- You accidentally unsubscribed or marked it SPAM. At the bottom of every newsletter is a link to "unsubscribe." We use Mailchimp for our newsletters so pressing that link will unsubscribe you in Mailchimp, but not in the Sun settings, which may indicate you're still a subscriber. Please use this Mailchimp link to get back on our newsletter list: click here.
- Corporate or private domains need to whitelist our emails. We use Mailchimp to send Sun newsletters. If you've tried everything else, it could be your company's server or firewall is blocking us. Ask the IT department at your company to make sure emails from coloradosun.com or email@example.com are allowed. If not, they will need to allowlist our delivery IP's to get that sorted out. Please share this link with them: "How to Allowlist Delivery IP Addresses" at https://eepurl.com/dyij0r
- It's us. We do have technical issues on our end and we do our best to make them unnoticeable. But if you're missing newsletters, please tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we'll never know about it.
Please also see the FAQ: I signed up for newsletters but I'm not getting them.