The Colorado Sun offers several newsletters, including several that are free. You can sign up for them at coloradosun.com/newsletters.
As of Dec. 2020, Sun newsletters include:
- The Sunriser -- The daily curation of all recent Sun stories, links to our favorite local reads and a heads up on Sun events, specials and other announcements. Sent Monday to Friday around mid-morning, this free roundup will get your day started.
- The Headlines+ -- A list of links to every story published on The Sun in the past 24 hours. Sent 7 days a week, usually by 6 a.m., it’s also a free subscription.
- What’s Working -- Weekly roundup of the pandemic job market is published on Saturdays, but is available free by email for those who need it in their inbox.
- The Unaffiliated -- Our exclusive politics newsletter has news not found on our site. It’s sent on Tuesdays and Fridays and only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
- The Outsider -- Our exclusive outdoor-industry newsletter has news not found on our site, plus first peeks at topical stories by Jason Blevins. It’s sent Thursdays and only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
- Mike Littwin -- Long-time Colorado columnist Mike Littwin writes about twice a week. True fans can subscribe to his newsletter and get the columns ahead of time. This is only available with Newsletters+ membership. >> Details
Missing one? Getting too many?
To adjust your newsletters subscriptions, open your user account and select "Manage Newsletters." Check or uncheck the newsletters to get to your ideal newsletter settings. Here’s a shortcut: coloradosun.com/?pn=manage_newsletters.
Here's a quick how-to video:
How to upgrade
Our premium newsletters provide an exclusive depth into specific topics, such as the outdoors industry or politics. And by joining or upgrading to our premium Newsletters+ tier, that helps The Sun grow faster. To upgrade, find the animated instructions on our Unaffiliated page: coloradosun.com/unaffiliated
- Log into your account and press "Manage Membership"
- Select "Switch Plan"
- In the pop-up window, select the Newsletters+ option by pressing the blue bar that says "Pledge $240+/year." You can also toggle the period between monthly or annual, or increase your amount by hovering over the dollar area. Press the arrow to move to the next page.
- If you are upgrading from a basic level, the new rate will appear pro-rated. Make your selection and follow the rest of the instructions.
Troubleshooting Sun newsletters
Newsletters stopped? Unless you've unsubscribed, the newsletters should continue sending. But if you suddenly notice that The Sunriser or Headlines or other favorite newsletter stopped coming, here are some explanations:
- You accidentally unsubscribed or marked it SPAM. At the bottom of every newsletter is a link to "permanently unsubscribe." Find an older newsletter and click that link. You'll see a list of options, including, "I unsubscribed by accident! Please add me back to this list." Pick that one. If you don't see that option, you can add your email back to our list by clicking here.
- It's us. We do have technical issues on our end and we do our best to make them unnoticeable. But if you're missing newsletters, please tell us at email@example.com. Otherwise, we'll never know about it.
Please also see the FAQ: I signed up for newsletters but I'm not getting them.