Set up a password:
The Colorado Sun offers a password-free experience to logging into one's membership account. But for those who wish to have a password, we offer that to.
Here's how to create a password for your Sun account:
- Open your user settings by pressing the Sun logo in the bottom right of our site. Here's a shortcut: coloradosun.com/?pn=manage_account
- Press "Edit profile"
- Press the little pencil icon to the right of "Password." This allows you to add or change a password.
Change or reset a password:
If you've forgotten your password, it can be reset. Just press the "reset password" and we'll email you a link to add a new one. Here are the steps:
- Log into your account by pressing the round Sun logo in the bottom right of our site. If the "My account" box appears with your correct email underneath, you are logged in. Your old password will be in use.
- You can still change your password by following the steps above, but you'll need to remember your old password.
3. But if you don't remember your password or believe you never set one up, please log out to reset a password. Back in your user settings, there's a "log out" link.
4. Now, when you try logging in again, you'll see a popup asking you to become a member. Press the button at the top that says "Already a subscriber? Log in"
5. Type in your email in the next box. Press the arrow (the arrow button turns blue when the email address is complete)
6. Press the "reset password" button and we'll email you a link to reset your password. Check your inbox and after you press the link in the email, it should take you to a page where you can reset your password. It looks like this:
Need more visual clues? Watch this video:
If you continue to have issues or we've left out a step here, please email us at email@example.com. Thanks you!